The Faculty/Staff Listing Snippet is a predesigned template for creating web pages that highlight people. You may group the people by positions, include their name and title, as well as provide a brief description, location, email address, and phone number.
This is designed to look just like the dynamic faculty directories powered by Activity Insight, so you can put both faculty and staff on the same page and they will look consistent together.
To create a listing page:
- Click the green button on the editable region (e.g. Main Content) you wish to edit
- Click the Snippet icon.
- Locate the Faculty/Staff Listing Snippet by searching under the Layout category.
- Once you have made your selection click Insert.
- A table transform will appear in the CMS Editor.
- Click into the Name, Title, Location, Phone, and Email fields to replace the placeholder text with your own content. Emails and phone numbers will automatically be formatted properly as links. You can choose whether location has a link to a building, which is how our Activity Insight feeds work. Same with Name. Title should contain the job title of the individual (in bold), with more optional information below.
- Click on the placeholder image and use the Insert/Edit Image tool to add an image. For help with this please see How do I add an image to my web page?.
- You may add or delete rows as needed by using the table tools in the toolbar (you can also right-click or ctrl-click inside the table to display these tools.)
- Once you have finished editing your web page, save and preview to ensure your Snippet has rendered correctly.