The Contact Snippet can be used in the Contact Region in order to achieve appropriate and consistent styling. This would be useful if you wish to customize the contact information on a single web page. By default the contact information is set to match the site contact information. However, by accessing your page properties you can turn the region into an editable region. For help please visit How do I edit contact information on a single page?.
Once this is an editable region you will be able to use the Contact Snippet to add contact information to the page.
To use the Contact Snippet:
- Open the contact.pcf file to begin editing.
- Make sure you check the page out.
- Insert the Contact Snippet by clicking on the Snippet tool and searching for Contact Snippet under the Layout category.
- Replace the placeholder text by clicking on each line. Do not begin typing and apply your own line breaks as this will affect the formatting on each line.
- If you would like to delete elements of the Snippet, simply delete that line. Feel free to add elements to the Snippet such as a website or phone number, but please follow the preset formatting: titles and departments are in bold; names and contact information is plain text; email addresses are mail-to links; websites are added as links. For help creating mail-to links or regular links, please view the corresponding documentation: How do I create a mail-to link? or How do I add a link?.
- Once you have finished editing your web page, save and preview to ensure your Snippet has rendered correctly.