By default, the web profile page pulls the automatically named "Personal Website" and "Research Website" fields from Activity Insight (located under General Information -> Personal & Contact Information). This doc will teach you how to add up to 5 web links (and customize the names of each).
Following are the steps to add, update or remove up to 5 custom web links (with custom names):
- Log in to Web & Digital Communications' Faculty Profile Page Editor with your Net ID and password
Note: This system is distinct from Activity Insight, and is used to perform functions (like adding custom HTML, office hours, up to 5 additional websites, etc.) that are outside of Activity Insight's control.
- After logging in, you'll be presented with a view of your faculty profile page. Click the edit button in the upper right-hand corner of your page to get started:
- Click the blue panel labeled "Edit here: Add Up to 5 Associated Websites (Titles and URLs)":
If you'd previously entered a Personal and/or Research Web address in Activity Insight, they will already be reflected here and can be renamed if desired.
- Add up to 5 websites and URLs.
- Note - if you make edits here, our system will no longer pull the Personal and Research Website fields from Activity Insight. To resume that behavior, simply delete all custom entries here (click the trash can icon) and save.