Anchors are links in the body of your page that, when clicked, allow the reader to jump to another location on the page.
Using anchors takes two steps:
- Create the anchors within the page where you wish to link to
- Create the links (which will then scroll the page to those anchors)
Step 1: Create the anchors
- Open the CMS Editor. Generally, this should be done in the Main Content Region.
- Position the cursor where the anchor should be placed, or select the text or image you want to link to.
- Click the Anchor icon.
- You will be asked to provide an anchor name. Use one word for the name or use dashes (-) or underscores (_) to connect more than one word.
- Click Insert.
- The anchor will appear in the body of your text.
Step 2: Create the Links
- Create the text or content you wish to link to the anchor.
- Highlight the text and begin using the Insert/Edit link button (if you haven't done this before, learn how to create a link first.)
- The Insert/Edit link popup will now contain a dropdown list of your Anchors. Select which anchor you wish this text or content to link to and click "Insert" at the bottom.
- You have created your first link to an anchor!
Bonus! Linking from outside pages to an anchor
Now that you have these anchors within your page, you can link to them from other pages, too.
The links are structured with the live URL/link of the page you are on first, then a hash "#", then the anchor name, like this: