If you find yourself using the HTML Source Code in the WYSIWYG editor, consider creating a Source Code Asset instead.
Perhaps you are trying to embed a video, or maybe you want that Facebook widget to show up on your page. Even if you will only use it on one page, the Source Code Asset is incredibly useful for any content that goes beyond the reaches of the WYSIWYG. Your specialized content can be created in the Asset HTML editor and then that Asset can be cleanly dropped into the WYSIWYG editor!
- Log in to the CMS by navigating to a page on your website and clicking the Direct Edit link.
- Click Content then Pages.
- Click New.
- Select Source Code.
- You will be taken to a new Asset form.
- Under Asset Info please provide a name for your Asset. Also, you should lock the Asset to your own website so it may only be used on your website and pages. If you do not do this, it will be available to all CMS users.
- Under Access Settings you need to further limit accessibility by selecting your website as the user group for the Asset.
- Under Asset Content you will be able to write the HTML code for your desired content.
- When you have finished, click Create.
- In order to use the Asset once it has been created, remember to Publish
If you need to edit the Asset later on, please visit How do I edit an Asset?.