In order to directly use images on your website, you will need to upload them to the server. All of your images should be organized under an Images folder, which can be further organized as needed. For more on organizing your files, please visit How do I organize my website images, documents, and files?
- Prepare your images for use on the web. For help with this, visit Preparing an Image for the Web.
- Log in to the CMS by navigating to a page on your website and clicking the Direct Edit link.
- Click Content then Pages.
- Open the Images folder.
- Click Upload from the Page Specific Controls.
- The Upload dialog box will appear. You may add images two ways:
- For less than five images, simply drag the files from your computer into the Upload dialog.
- For more than five images, please send your computer files to a zipped folder. After doing this, click Import Zip File from the Upload dialog and click Add to browse for your folder.
If you are uploading revised copies of files already uploaded to the site, remember to click Overwrite Existing Files.
- Click Start Upload.
- You will need to review your files and ensure no errors have been found. This may include file names. Please remember that special characters are not accepted.
- Click Finish Upload when you have finished.
- Remember the final step is to publish all of your newly added images. See Publishing Images and Documents for more information.
If you experience problems uploading your files, please review the File Upload Guidelines.