Before editing your sidebar navigation please visit Navigation.
By default, your web pages will contain sidebar navigation corresponding to the main website shell. However, you can customize the sidebar navigation specific to a site section. Remember a site section is a directory in your website that contains an index page and several control files including a _sidenav.inc file.
- Submit a Support Ticket containing the URL/link to a page within the Site Section which you would like to have its own custom sidebar navigation. We'll set up the _settings.inc file for you in that Site Section which will enable your custom side navigation.
- Once we've completed this for you, log in to the CMS by navigating to a page on your website and clicking the Direct Edit link.
- Click Content then Pages.
- Navigate to the site section for the page you will be editing.
- Checkout the _sidenav.inc file
- Insert the Sidebar Navigation Snippet by clicking on the Snippet tool and searching for Sidebar Navigation Snippet.
- Replace the placeholder text by clicking on each line. Please be aware the text in this file has been formatted to appear correctly on a computer monitor as well as on a phone. Do not make changes to the text formatting. It will appear something like this:
- The first bullet in the list, in the above example "Site Name," is the home button for your site. You may rename it but please do not delete this field. It is the only obvious way for a mobile user to return to your home page. To change the text for any of the bullets, simply click into the word and delete and/or type as you would in any word processor.
- Once you have finished working with the text of the sidebar, it is time to include links. This should be done after all your other pages have been created that way your sidebar navigation can have items to link. For help with this, visit How do I add a link?.
- When you have finished editing your sidebar navigation, save and preview the page to ensure your Snippet has rendered correctly.