If you're ready to learn about the advanced formatting options within Email Star, our email formatting app, you're in the right place.
If you haven't already got your Email Star tool setup or your template, check out our Email Star: Getting started article and come back here after.
And remember to save lots! Ctrl + s or File >> Save both work. If you don't and you navigate away from the page, you might lose your work!
Inserting images into an email
Quick note: as long as your image is smaller in file-size than 10mb and larger than 520px by 100px, you won't have to resize your image prior to this process.
Protip: if you pre-crop your image to the size displayed by the placeholder (step 3), you won't have to adjust it in step 4.
- While editing an email, decide where you would like your image to appear, create a new paragraph (cursor in a text area and push enter) and put your cursor in it.
- Select the "Formats" dropdown menu and you'll have a few different images regions to choose from. All (except "Signature...") are full-width regions. Select the region height that may work best.
- You'll now see a placeholder in the image region reading the size of the region. Click to replace it with your own image. You can choose from a list of those from your group that fit this size or select "Upload New" at the bottom (you may need to scroll down).
- If you've selected "Upload New" you'll immediately see a pop-up window of the COPE Image Manager. Click "Upload" when you've filled in your Alternate Text.
- If your image didn't exactly fit the image region, you'll see our Email Star image editor which places your image on a white canvas. With the white image background of the email, this allows you to zoom in or out and crop the image as you desire and the white will seamlessly disappear into the email's background. Click "Create Images" when you're satisfied with the image.
- Now you'll see your recently uploaded image added to the list which you can select. Select the image and it will now appear in your email! (A ctrl + s to save would be good here!)
Signatures (as images) and inserting them into an email
- Follow step 1 and 2 above, but select the signature option (from Formats)
- Click "Upload New" to upload your signature image
- Use COPE Image Manager to set your new image on the canvas, and click "Save Images"
- Select your new image from the list
- The signature image should appear in the space you had selected in step 1.