Content Management System (CMS)
Montana State University uses a Content Management System (CMS) in order to manage the university website. The CMS is provided through OU Campus, a system produced by OmniUpdate. Find training for the CMS at http://www.montana.edu/web/training/.
Basic Web Editing
- ★ Training Course: Basic Web Editing
- ★ Logging into the CMS with the Direct Edit feature
- Overview of the CMS interface
- Editing webpages in the CMS
- Links and dependency tags: managing links in the CMS
- Best practices of links: how to make the best links ever
Creating Accessible Web Content
- ★ Training: Creating Accessible Web Content (CMS 115)
- How to Use Your Accessibility Report
- Web Accessibility, an Introduction
- Assistive technology and web accessibility
- Making Images Accessible with Image Descriptions
- Headings and accessibility
More web editing + managing websites
- How do I get started with my new website in the CMS?
- What is a CMS editable region?
- How do I edit a breadcrumb name in the CMS?
- How do I add or remove a web page subtitle in the CMS?
- Preparing images for the web
- How do I request a full site publish?
- ★ What is the Form Builder and KaratEmail?
- Training: CMS 130: Create a Web Form
- Form Dashboard in the CMS
- Creating a Form with Form Builder
- Creating Your Form's Elements with Form Builder
- Adding a Form to a Page in the CMS
More web accessibility information
- The POUR Accessibility Principles
- Accessibility plan for montana.edu websites
- Web Accessibility Resolution Agreement with the Office for Civil Rights - 5/2/2018
- Section 508 Standards, ADA Guidelines
- Accessible page titles
- Keyboard Accessibility
- ★ Snippet Showcase - available design pieces for CMS pages
- Snippet Troubleshooting in the CMS
- Block Quote Snippets in the CMS
- Button Snippets in the CMS
- Expander Snippets in the CMS
- Image on Left/Right Snippets in the CMS
- What is a CMS Asset?
- How do I create a CMS Asset?
- How do I edit a CMS Asset?
- How do I delete a CMS Asset?
- How do I insert a CMS Asset onto my page?
- How do I create a Web Content Asset in the CMS?
- Revamping your website? Reorganizing? Redesigning? Read this first.
- How to Format your Megamenu (or Horizontal Navigation Menu)
- How do I edit sidebar navigation for a site section in the CMS?
- How do I become a website content approver in the CMS?
- How do I edit contact information on a single page in the CMS?
- How do I remove sidebar navigation from a site section in the CMS?
- What is the difference between a site section and a folder in the CMS?
- My CMS edits are not showing up on the live page!
- What if my page is checked out to someone else and is locked in the CMS?
- What skills do I need in order to use the CMS?
- Why can’t I log in to the CMS?
- What is the Content Management System (CMS)?